Isn’t it frustrating when you can’t access your QuickBooks company file that carries all your company’s sensitive information? This usually happens when corruption or damage in the data file obstructs the users from continuing their ongoing work. Therefore, it is necessary to get QuickBooks company files repair to regain access to the data file. Doing so will help you restore your company file so you can work smoothly without any disruption.
Are you hunting for a simple way to conduct QuickBooks Company Files Repair and need help? Contact us at +1-833-460-2030 and consult with our professionals to figure out the issue within the shortest time possible.
Signs And Symptoms Behind the QuickBooks Company Data File Corruption Issue
Do you still need clarification about whether you are stuck with the QuickBooks Company Data file corruption issue? If yes, then go through the signs and symptoms below, which will help you determine the occurrence of the error.
- You might experience an unexpected shutdown of the QuickBooks application while trying to save or delete a transaction.
- In other cases, you may see faulty reports like Balance Sheets, where you spot that the total assets don’t tally with the total liabilities and equity.
- In certain instances, you may discover that invoices and paid bills are represented as unpaid in the books of accounts.
- The users may notice that the transaction history is showcasing a negative balance.
- In certain instances, you observe that QuickBooks is not responding or QB running slowly, and the operations are taking more time than the usual timings.
What are the Possible Reasons That Cause Corruption in QuickBooks Company Files?
Understanding the root causes behind the corruption in QuickBooks Company File is essential so that you can find the exact troubleshooting method to resolve the problem. So, to shed some light on all the factors responsible for this issue, you must read the pointers given below attentively.
- Sometimes, the users might come across this error due to a shortage of resources, including RAM, network interface cards, network cables, Virtual memory, and so on.
- In other cases, it may trigger when the virus attacks the hard drive on which your database is placed.
- The file size of the QuickBooks Database may have crossed the pre-determined limit.
- Another reason may be an abrupt shutdown of your Windows operating system.
- It could be possible that there are some issues associated with the cable, internet, and hard disk.
Advisory Tips To Avoid Corruption of QuickBooks Desktop Company Files
Keeping crucial business data safe must be the utmost priority of the users, as it could be challenging to recover the lost data. Apart from this, there are certain other measures that you must know to prevent the corruption of QuickBooks Desktop Company Files.
- In the first stage, you must ensure you have saved the data backup to some distinct location or database.
- You must avoid downloading the files on your device with malicious threats or viruses.
- Ensure you shrink the company file size as it could prevent the users from accessing their files.
- Also, confirm that you have installed the most recently added QuickBooks Desktop version.
- One must also avoid shutting down the system abruptly.
What Should Be Done to Repair Corrupt QuickBooks Company File?
After having a deep understanding of the issue, it is a must to repair the corrupt QuickBooks company file. Doing so will help you regain access to the QuickBooks data file, and you can work efficiently to accomplish your accounting task.
Effective Way 1: Fix Your Damaged Company File By Repairing it Manually
You can manually fix the company file’s data damage by following the instructions below.
- In the first place, navigate to the File menu and click Utilities, followed by Verify Data.
- After this, you must allow the tool to verify whether there is any data damage issue with the company file.
- Choose the highlighted Expand All from the upcoming Verify Results screen to look for the errors.
- Thereon, to resolve the errors, you must tap the See Online Article option. If you trace that no particular article is available for the error, you must get the experts’ help.
Effective Way 2: Utilize the Rebuild Data Tool To Resolve the Company File Issue
If you are still receiving the error, you can access the Rebuild Data Tool to rectify the damage in the company file.
- To start the process, move to the File menu from the top of the window and then pick Utilities> Rebuild Data.
- Now, hit the OK button from the QuickBooks Information window. Later, continue with the steps provided on the screen to restore the backup.
- After this, allow the tool to fix the damage to your company file. The tool might take some time to diagnose and then repair the issue.
- Once the scanning process is over, tap the OK button to proceed.
- Later, navigate to the File menu again and hit Utilities > Verify Data.
- Thereon, you must give the Rebuild Data Tool enough time to repair the data issues.
- Furthermore, if you spot that QuickBooks didn’t spot any issues, click on the OK button. Moreover, you can continue working on the data file, which signifies no damage to your data file.
- On the other side, if you spot that QuickBooks traces any issue with the data file, choose the highlighted Rebuild Now button.
Effective Way 3: Fix Your Damaged Company File Via QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You can repair the damage or corruption in your data file by running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. For this, apply the steps given below properly to get the desired outcome.
- To get the QuickBooks File Doctor download, you first need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After this, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- Thereon, hover your cursor over the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This tool will take a few minutes to run the file doctor tool to open on your device.
- In the next step, pick the appropriate company file by clicking on the drop-down menu. If you cannot trace your data file, choose the highlighted Browse and Search to find your data file.
- Afterwards, navigate to the Check Your File option followed by Continue.
- Finally, accurately include the right QuickBooks admin password and then click Next.
Note:- The time taken to scan the file will entirely depend upon the company file size. However, the scanning may be unsuccessful even if your data damage issue is resolved. So, after completing the scanning process, it is important to launch QuickBooks and your data file.
Effective Way 4: Resolve the Errors Through the QuickBooks QBWin.log File
If you cannot repair the damaged QuickBooks company file, you can fix the issues with the help of QuickBooks QBWIN.Log File.
- In the initial stage, move to the QuickBooks installation directory and search for the QBWin.log file.
- You must ensure that Windows is displaying the Hidden files.
- Afterwards, launch the QBWIN.log file and hit the Ctrl + F keys together from your keyboard.
- Thereon, you must include LVL_ERROR within the search panel and hit the highlighted Find option.
- You are supposed to search for the error description in the LVL_ERROR in the text file.
Effective Way 5: Merging of the Damaged Items and Accounts
- Begin the process by launching the QuickBooks application.
- Afterwards, pick the highlighted Charts of Accounts from the List tab to proceed further.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and opt for the account damaged from the list of options.
- In the next step, click the Edit Account option and include an Asterisk (*) sign with the account’s name in the respective text field.
- Now, hit the Cancel button and again hit the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
- Move to the New Account option and pick the type of account according to your preference from the list of options available.
- You are supposed to mention the name of the damaged account and tap the OK button.
- After this, press and hold the Ctrl key, pick up the damaged account, and click OK.
- Consequently, you will receive the merge confirmation pop-up box on the screen; hit the Yes button to confirm.
- In the end, carry on with the above steps from 1-9 and pick an Item from the Lists section to integrate the combined items in the data.
We hope this post has provided the details regarding QuickBooks company files repair. If you still find any damage in the file, you can reach out to our experts anytime at +1-833-460-2030 and resolve all your issues within no time. They will assist you in the best possible manner to figure out the issue instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
To prevent the QuickBooks File Corruption from happening in the future, you must consider the following pointers.
1. Ensure you have backed up the data file in a different location or device.
2. Also, you must confirm not to download files having viruses or malicious infections.
3. Another important thing is that you must stop third-party applications, and tools must not be used in the device where you run QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks File Doctor takes approx 5 minutes or more, depending on the company file size and the internet speed. Once the scanning process ends, you must launch QuickBooks and your company file.
You must perform the following steps to restore your QuickBooks company file.
1. Firstly, open the QuickBooks application and then tap on the File menu.
2. After this, choose the Open or Restore Company followed by the Restore a Backup copy.
3. Thereon, move to the Local Backup and search for your backup company file.
4. End the process by picking the appropriate folder to choose where to restore the data file
The company file gets corrupted due to the damaged data. As a result, when the users attempt to open the data file, they spot that the storage media cannot repair the file.
To clean up the QuickBooks company file, you must carry on with the instructions listed below.
1. Open the QuickBooks File menu > Utilities, then hit Clean Up Company Data.
2. Afterwards, choose the Compress Database > OK > Next button.
3. Once again, hit the Next button and click the Calendar drop-down menu to pick the Today’s Date.
4. Thereon, tap the Cleanup option and allow the cleanup process to be completed.
5. End the process by hitting the OK button to clean up the QuickBooks data file.
When the data stored in the company files is lost due to any issue, then it makes it impossible for the application to open the file. This results in the QuickBooks data files repair issue.
Yes, you can prevent the issue by implementing the below-mentioned points.
- Do not open the QuickBooks file in the unsupported apps.
- Keep your system free from virus or malware attacks.
The Repairing of the corrupted QuickBooks company file might take a few minutes for a small file. The repairing time depends on the file size and the amount of damage done to the file.
Yes, our experts are well-trained in resolving all the QuickBooks issues. They are highly professional and are experts in their field. Talk to our experts over the phone, email, or chat with them.
Yes, free and paid tools are available to repair the corrupted QuickBooks company file. The free tools are mentioned above in the blog.
The users won’t be able to access or open the QuickBooks company file in case it becomes corrupted or damaged. Take the help of our QuickBooks data repair services to get it fixed at the best possible price.