Are you having trouble in opening QuickBooks company files? Then, possibly, you are experiencing the QuickBooks Company Files Repair issue. Company data files are important for you as they hold the crucial information of your business. Any damage to them or corruption in QuickBooks data files will result in the loss of vital data. If you, too, are facing such an issue, then it needs to be resolved on time. In case you are looking for a medium explaining the process of tackling corrupted QuickBooks company files under expert guidance, then we recommend you to read the complete blog. This blog sails you through the issue, its causes, symptoms, and the possible troubleshooting methods to fix data damage in QuickBooks desktop. Let’s get started.
Looking for QuickBooks Data File Repair Services? Call our nerds today @ +1-833-460-2023 to fix QuickBooks company files repair issue immediately.
What Does QuickBooks Company File Repair Mean?
QuickBooks company files play a vital role as it stores all the crucial information about your business. It acts as a huge database with valuable information. Usually, the company file must be less than 200 MB. However, when the file size increases, it results in corrupted QuickBooks company files repair. However, there are other prominent reasons, which are explained below in this blog. This error simply means that there is data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file, and you need to repair corrupt QuickBooks Company files immediately. The corruption in QuickBooks company files simply means that you can not open the company files and keep track of your business activities, such as accounts payable, accounts receivables, budget figures, and more.
Whenever the error occurs, the user’s screen displays an error message “FIX DAMAGED QUICKBOOKS COMPANY FILE.” The corrupted QuickBooks company files lead to severe adverse effects and thus need to be handled immediately. There are plenty of ways to fix this issue. QuickBooks Company data Files Repairing can be done via several methods, which are described below in this blog.
Conventional Grounds of QuickBooks Company Files Repair issue?
The data damage in QuickBooks can occur in various scenarios and circumstances. However, keep in mind that any strange appearance of data can be a sign of a QuickBooks Company File Repair issue. If you are thinking WHAT CAUSES QUICKBOOKS DATA CORRUPTION, then there are various reasons which are responsible for the occurrence of error. Learning the causes of error helps you in picking the right troubleshooting method. So, without wasting any time, let us explore the various factors which are responsible for this error.
- There is a malware or virus attack on your system.
- The company file increases and goes beyond the expected file size limit.
- The computer closes while working.
- The inappropriate entries on the list can damage the company files, ultimately resulting in the Company Files Repair issue.
- There is a lack of memory space.
Early Syndromes of QuickBooks Company File Repair Issue
Well, it is very much necessary to identify the error in order to remove it permanently. Just like any other error, the QuickBooks Data File Repair error, too, shows some particular early signs and symptoms. If you are not aware of these signs, read the below-mentioned early signs of the error.
- There are missing transactions or entries from the list.
- There is a faulty balance sheet.
- You are unable to use the verify and rebuilt data utility.
- The paid bills and invoices are shown as unpaid.
- The application responds too slowly to your commands.
- There is an asterisk mark before the account name, as the original accounts are missing.
- An error message appears on the screen showing a QuickBooks file repair message.
- You see an HTML code while opening the send feedbacks online > Bugs report window.
- The application closes all of a sudden while deleting or saving a transaction.
Most Possible Solutions to Repair a Corrupt QuickBooks Company File Issue
Until now, you are very well aware of the issue and its possible causes. Now is the right time to get into the details of various methods of QuickBooks company file repair issues. You can repair the issue either manually or with the help of the QuickBooks file repair tools.
Below, our professionals have explained the different methods to resolve the QuickBooks company file issues.
Action 1: Make Use of Free QuickBooks File Repair Software
You can make use of the free QuickBooks database repair tools to fix the damaged data in QuickBooks. The free QuickBooks file repair tools that can help you in resolving the issue are:
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- QuickBooks File Doctor
- QuickBooks Components repair tool
Below, we have mentioned all the explanatory steps that are required to use these free tools.
The Install diagnostic tool, file doctor, and components repair utilities are part of the QuickBooks tool hub & Email Issues in QuickBooks. Henceforth, to utilize these tools, you need to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub. Downloading and installing the QuickBooks tool hub is easy. However, if you do not know the process, we have listed all the necessary steps:
- Visit the official website of Intuit and look for the most recent version of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Click on the download button to download the tool.
- Go to the desired location and save the file.
- Open the downloaded folder and search for the .exe file.
- Double-click on the file to run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation task.
- A message window appears with a “successfully downloaded” message.
Once the tool is downloaded, you can use the different utilities in the tool to fix the data corruption error.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The install diagnostic tool is specially designed to fix the issues that come with installing the application. However, the tool can be used to fix the company file issues that arise due to the problem in Microsoft .Net Framework.
Open the QuickBooks tool hub and then follow the below-mentioned steps to remove the error.
- Click on the installation issues tab available on the left side of the tool.
- After that, tap on the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool.
- The tool automatically fixes all the minor issues in the company file. Please wait, as it will take 30 minutes to complete the process.
- Reopen the company file to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
- If not, try to resolve the issue with the help of another tool.
QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks file doctor is the ultimate in-built utility of the QuickBooks tool hub. So, there is no need for a separate QuickBooks File Doctor download. To utilize the tool, open the QuickBooks tool hub and then follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Click on the company file issues tab available on the left side panel.
- In this, press the QuickBooks File Doctor button. It will take some time to open the file.
- Pick the damaged company file that needs to be repaired.
- If you are unable to find the company file, you can simply browse the file from its location with the help of the browse option.
- Tap on the continue button to check your file.
- Provide the QuickBooks admin credentials and press the enter key.
- The scanning of the file begins. The time taken may vary depending on your file size limit.
Make use of the reboot.bat for the QuickBooks repair company file. This tool is generally used for various QuickBooks-related components with Windows. Follow the below-mentioned steps to run the reboot.bat file in your system.
- Close the QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks folder that contains the reboot.bat file.
- Now, right-click on the file and choose run as an administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- It will automatically resolve the on going issue.
QuickBooks Components Repair Tool
The repair tool is designed to fix the issues that come during the usage of the .Net framework and the other Windows components. They are essential to running the QuickBooks correctly. Follow the below-mentioned steps to run the QuickBooks Components repair tool.
- Close all the currently running applications on your system.
- In order to utilize the tool, you need to download and install the tool.
- Click on the tool to run it. It will automatically diagnose and fix the issues.
Action 2: Resolve the Error Manually
You can resolve the error manually with the help of the QuickBooks Verify and rebuilt data utility tool. Take the help of the below-mentioned steps to repair damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files.
- The foremost step is to open the QuickBooks damaged company file and login as an administrator.
- After that, you need to switch to a single-mode user option to move ahead in the process.
- Further, tap on the file menu option and then select the utilities option.
- Moving forward, choose the verify data option from the available options.
- Adhere to the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
Note: The verification data utility might take time to scan the company file issues. The time taken depends on the file size.
Once the verified data process is over, you need to run the rebuilt data utility option to repair the corrupted QuickBooks company files repair. Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the rebuilt utility.
- Create a local copy of the data from the server.
- After that, you need to enable the temporary hosting service on the host computer.
- Now, log into the company file as an administrator.
- After that, tap on the file menu option and then choose the utilities option.
- Further, select the rebuilt data option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Save the copy of the repaired company file after the process is complete.
Solution 3: Merge Damaged Items and Accounts
At times, the damaged items or the accounts are creating the company file repair issue. You can solve the problem by merging the damaged accounts and items. Accomplish the below-mentioned steps to deal with the issue.
- Open the QuickBooks and tap on the lists option.
- Now, pick the charts of accounts.
- Further, you need to keep pressing the Ctrl key and pick the account that is damaged.
- Now, tap on the edit account option and put the asterisk symbol in the account name.
- Further, tap on the cancel button and keep pressing the CTRL key.
- Now, click on the new account and pick the account type.
- Write the name of the damaged account and press the OK button.
- Again, keep pressing the CTRL key and choose the damaged account that needs to be repaired.
- A merging window pops up. Give the affirmation by pressing the yes button.
Solution 4: Back Up and Update QuickBooks
It is essential for you to backup the QuickBooks and update it at a regular intervals of time. The backup option prevents the loss of the data. You can easily create a backup of the file by choosing the create local backup option that is available under the Help menu in QuickBooks.
To Summarise it Up
To put it to an end, we have tried to summarize all the things that you need to know about the corrupt QuickBooks company file issue. We know QuickBooks company files repair are crucial for any business. Hopefully, this blog provides an outline for QuickBooks file repair with verify solutions. All the methods are tried and tested. However, if you get stuck somewhere in any of the methods, you can call our experts without any hesitation. All you need is to dial our support phone number or drop an email on our official email ID firstname.lastname@example.org to get top-notch QuickBooks file repair services.
Frequently Asked Questions
A – When the data stored in the company files is lost due to any issue, then it makes it impossible for the application to open the file. This results in the QuickBooks data files repair issue.
A – Yes, you can prevent the issue by implementing the below-mentioned points.
- Do not open the QuickBooks file in the unsupported apps.
- Keep your system free from virus or malware attacks.
A – The Repairing of the corrupted QuickBooks company file might take a few minutes for a small file. The repairing time depends on the file size and the amount of damage done to the file.
A – Yes, our experts are well-trained in resolving all the QuickBooks issues. They are highly professional and are experts in their field. Talk to our experts over the phone, email, or chat with them.
A – Yes, free and paid tools are available to repair the corrupted QuickBooks company file. The free tools are mentioned above in the blog.
A – The users won’t be able to access or open the QuickBooks company file in case it becomes corrupted or damaged. Take the help of our QuickBooks data repair services to get it fixed at the best possible price.