With the ever-changing technology, it’s important to keep your software updated to the latest versions to enjoy all the enhanced features and functions. That’s why many software discontinued access to their old versions so that users can switch to the newest versions with more advanced features. Similarly, according to the latest updates, Intuit has also put an end to QuickBooks 2021 Desktop after May 31, 2024. However, to know more details regarding the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 service discontinued policy, you must stick to this post till the end.
Do you want more details regarding the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 discontinuation policy? In that case, it’s best to have a one-to-one conversation with our experts by placing a call at +1-833-460-2030 for immediate resolution.
What Does the Term Discontinuation Mean in QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, the term “Discontinuation” signifies that the users won’t be able to receive the latest security patches, live support facility, and other features of the 2021 edition of QuickBooks Desktop. However, the users accessing the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 must update it to the newly launched version. Otherwise, using the outdated version might increase the chance of potential vulnerabilities, security risks, or other compatibility issues.
If the users receive the message “QuickBooks 2021 Not Opening, ” it means it’s time to upgrade to the latest version. The main aim, besides the discontinuation, is to force the users to switch to the newly added products to improve their accounting experience with more upgraded features and functions.
Reasons Due to Which QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Discontinued
At times, the very first question that arises in the user’s mind is why QuickBooks Desktop 2021 discontinued after May 31 May 2024. Therefore, to know about the reasons in detail, you must have a look at the pointers below.
- The first reason is that according to Intuit’s product lifecycle policy, it launched the updates of new versions every year. However, the main purpose of it is to motivate the users to upgrade to the newly launched versions, ensuring them that they can take the benefit of the latest features.
- Moreover, it is also mandatory because it takes a lot of time and effort to maintain and provide support for previous versions. That’s why it’s better to discontinue the older ones and release the new ones with more exclusive features.
- Also, Intuit plans to discontinue the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Edition to completely concentrate on improving the current versions and providing them with better facilities.
- With the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop, the users get motivated to stay in touch with the latest features launched and the new security features.
A Complete List of All Those Services That Are Affected by Discontinuation
There is a great impact of the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Discontinued on the entire products and services. After the end of the 2021 Edition of QuickBooks Desktop, you won’t be able to use the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, live technical support, online backup, or online banking. Moreover, there are certain products are affected by this discontinuation.
Below, we have described all those products that are hampered; have a look at them. Thus, it will give you a better insight regarding the products that you can’t access anymore.
Discontinued Products From the May 31, 2024 Onwards
The users won’t be able to run:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021, which consists of products for General Business, Contractor, Wholesaler, non-profit organizations, etc.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 21
- QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2021
- QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 21
- QuickBooks Desktop For Mac 2021
Services That Are Hampered After May 31, 2024
If the users don’t upgrade their QuickBooks Desktop 2021 edition, they won’t be able to use the live support facility anymore. Moreover, it also prevents you from accessing all the other Intuit services that are integrated with the QuickBooks Desktop. It may consist of the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, QuickBooks Desktop payments, and online bank feeds.
Apart from this, the users won’t be able to receive the newly released security patches and updates. Also, the users might face difficulty using online backup, online banking, and their services.
Payroll Services that Are Affected With the Discontinuation
Herein, we have discussed some of the payroll services that you can’t access after the discontinuation.
1. Workers Compensation Payment Service:-
The company and its employees won’t be able to utilize the QuickBooks Workforce. All you need is a valid payroll subscription and a compatible version of QuickBooks.
2. Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll:-
After the discontinuation, the users won’t be able to compute the appropriate payroll taxes or can’t provide accurate payroll forms. There might be the possibility that your paychecks are incorrect, and your subscription will be deactivated.
3. Assisted Payroll:-
In this payroll edition, the users might face difficulty while computing the payroll taxes properly. The users may also need help sending their payroll data.
4. Products You Can’t Use After October 3, 2024
You won’t be able to run the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
How to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop When QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Discontinued?
The users need to upgrade their QuickBooks Desktop subscription when the 2021 edition of the Desktop version expires. For this, you must go through the following instructions attentively.
- Firstly, you must launch the existing QuickBooks Desktop application on your device.
- After this, review the upgrade options that is available for your subscription. This is so because QuickBooks provides numerous plans or editions depending on the current subscription.
- Next, you must hit the Upgrade option that suits your requirements.
- You are supposed to review your order attentively, ensure that all the details have been filled in properly, and then confirm the upgrade. If necessary, you need to include the essential payment details to complete the upgrade process.
- Once the payment has been made successfully and the upgrade is confirmed, then go through on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade process.
What Should I Do to Move To the QuickBooks Online?
- Go through the data in QuickBooks Desktop and look for the information you wish to transfer to the QBO application.
- After this, you must ensure you have created the backup of the data file in QuickBooks Desktop.
- You must establish an account in QuickBooks Online and export your lists and transactions.
- There on, you must organize and clean up the data to check everything is fine.
- After this, you have to import your data to QBO by following the instructions on the screen.
- Assure that everything is transferred successfully and it exactly matches the information that is available on the original QuickBooks Desktop.
- You have to configure the settings, preferences, and integrations related to QBO and then reconcile the accounts.
- Once you are satisfied with QBO, you can delete the subscription to QuickBooks Desktop to constantly use the Online version.
Drawing to a Conclusion!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are the services users can’t use anymore after QuickBooks Desktop 2021 discontinued.
- The users might need help in sending accountant copies.
- Encounter issues while using the feature of contributed reports, multi-currency, or exchange rates.
- You won’t be able to use the online banking and the QuickBooks Time facility.
The users can’t access the following credit card processing services.
- It prevents you from processing the Invoice through the QuickBooks Desktop 2021.
- Need help with downloading recurring payments, credit cards, and check details.
- The payment processing service could also not be used anymore.
When you use the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 or the affected services by Intuit, you will see that you can’t use them anymore. Also, you can’t subscribe to get in touch with the live technical support of you get stuck in the middle while operating the QuickBooks Desktop 2021.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.