Have you ever experienced QuickBooks crashes when sending email or invoices? If yes, then you are not the only one stuck in this situation. The users might often confront this issue due to the corruption in the hard drive. Other reasons that might give rise to the error are damaged Windows components or issues with Microsoft Office.
Consequently, the occurrence of QuickBooks freezes when trying to email invoice issues might lead to a loss of unsaved information. Therefore, resolving the issue immediately using the troubleshooting methods discussed in the post is essential.
Does your QuickBooks crashes when sending email, and don’t know how to overcome the issue? Call us at +1-833-460-2030 and consult with our experts instantly to get all your queries resolved within no time.
What are the scenarios Where QuickBooks freezes when sending Email?
Users may observe QuickBooks freezes when sending email issues in the following instances.
- When the users attempt to link their QuickBooks data file with the email.
- In other cases, it may happen when users try to utilize the Send Forms function within the QuickBooks application.
- You may also observe the error while opening the check register in QuickBooks.
Read More- How to Fix QuickBooks keeps Crashing Issues?
Reasons Why QuickBooks Desktop Crashes When Sending Email
Are you thinking about why QuickBooks Desktop crashes when sending email? If so, go through all the factors listed below that are responsible for the error.
- Sometimes, the users might confront QuickBooks crashes when sending email issues when the Microsoft Windows components are damaged.
- There might be the possibility that QuickBooks cannot connect with the email server.
- In other cases, it may happen when some third-party programs obstruct the connection between QuickBooks and the email server.
- Users might confront this error due to the accidental deletion of the QuickBooks company file.
- You might face difficulty while accessing the QuickBooks application.
Best Strategies to Rectify QuickBooks Crashes When Sending Email Issues
Does your QuickBooks crashes when sending email, and you don’t know how to fix the problem? In that scenario, you must use the resolution methods listed below to resolve the issue. Ensure you apply the resolution methods in the same manner as described below.
Resolution Way 1: Verify the Settings Of Webmail Preferences
Sometimes, improper webmail settings give rise to QuickBooks crashes when sending emails. Therefore, you must try to change the webmail settings by following the instructions to overcome the issue.
- Start the process by opening the QuickBooks application and accessing the Edit menu.
- Afterwards, navigate to the Preferences tab and hit the Send Forms option.
- Thereon, opt for an email account from the My Preferences section and click the Edit menu.
- In the next step, you must confirm that you have selected the SSL checkbox.
- Also, you must ensure that the server’s name matches the Server name field.
- However, if the outgoing mail is fixed as “SMTP.mail.gmail.com,” you must modify the name to “intuit.SMTP.mail.gmail.com.”
- After making the necessary changes, hit the OK button and move to the next step.
- End the process by launching the QuickBooks program and then try to send the mail. If you observe that you are still receiving the error, then move on to the next resolution method.
Resolution Way 2: Make Use of a Secure Webmail
If you still receive QuickBooks desktop freezes when sending email issue, then you must try using a secure webmail in QuickBooks to resolve the problem. Follow the steps listed below to get the desired outcome.
- In the beginning, launch the QuickBooks application and then navigate to the Edit menu.
- Afterwards, choose the Preferences tab and opt for the Send Forms tab.
- Now, you are supposed to pick the Webmail option and click Add.
- In the next step, opt for the service provider and include the email address properly.
- Thereon, you must ensure that you have kept the “Use Enhanced Security” checkbox unmarked.
- Next, hit the OK button, launch QuickBooks, and then add the login credentials accurately.
Resolution Way 3: Include Windows Admin User
Go through the following instructions to add a Windows admin user accurately.
- You are supposed to include Windows users with specific admin rights, so you must hit the Windows key.
- After this, navigate to All Programs and opt for Windows Small Business Server. Then, choose the highlighted Windows SBS Console.
- There on, tap the Users and Groups and then click to include a new user Account tab.
- In the next step, you must allow a new user admin rights and hit the Finish button to end the process.
- Relaunch and then try to sign-in to Windows by establishing a new user. Later on, try to launch the QuickBooks application once again.
Resolution Way 4: Try To Install the Latest Update Of Microsoft Outlook
Herein, go through the following instructions to install the most recent updates of Microsoft Outlook.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system in the initial stage and pick the Office Account.
- Afterwards, navigate to the highlighted Update Options to proceed further.
- End the process by hitting the Update Now button.
Resolution Way 5: Link an Email Account With the Microsoft Outlook
- Primarily, hit the File menu in Microsoft Outlook and then pick the Info tab.
- After this, choose Add an Account to start and include the email address you need to add to the respective text field.
- Once the Microsoft Outlook has chosen the server, hit the Connect button to proceed.
- Thereon, you must add the password accurately and click the OK button to wind up the process.
Resolution Way 6: Setting Up Microsoft Outlook as the Default Mail Application
- To set up the Outlook as Default Mail, navigate to the Control Panel and move further.
- After this, browse to the Programs followed by the Default Programs option.
- In the next step, pick the Default Program for the mailing option and proceed further.
- Now, you must opt for Microsoft Outlook and hit the Save button to make the selection.
Resolution Way 7: Try to Operate QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
- In the first step, launch the QuickBooks application and then navigate to the Properties option.
- After this, you must run the QuickBooks program in the Compatability mode.
- From the list of options available, select Windows 7 and mark the checkbox of “Run this program as an Administrator.”
- Thereon, pick the Apply option and end the process by hitting the OK button.
In a Nutshell!!
Using this illustrative guide, we hope you can now easily overcome the QuickBooks crashes when sending email issues. However, if you still encounter issues while sending emails, connect with our experts anytime to fix your problem. They will guide you with useful tips to deal with the issue immediately without much effort.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must know the following points to rectify QuickBooks crashes when sending email and invoice error.
- Check that you have set up email settings in QuickBooks properly.
- The users must run the latest version of Microsoft Outlook to send emails via QuickBooks.
- You are running an up-to-date version of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
You can change the mail settings to resolve QuickBooks crashes when trying to send email issue.
- Firstly, move to the Control Panel and then navigate to the User Control option.
- Afterwards, browse to the Mail option, followed by Microsoft Outlook.
- Thereon, go to Profile and opt for the Show Profile option followed by Microsoft Outlook.
- Next, hit the Always Use > Apply > OK option to end the process.
The users might confront QuickBooks crashes when emailing invoices for numerous reasons. We have listed a few of them below.
- It may occur due to corruption or damage in the Windows components.
- You may be running an older version of QuickBooks software.
- Another reason could be inappropriate email settings.
If you notice your QuickBooks crashing when sending email, in that scenario, you must consider the following points.
- The users should verify the email functionality and a different email program.
- Also, you must generate a new QuickBooks data file to verify whether the issue is file-specific.
- Connecting with an IT expert to verify the system-related problems would be best.
If the users observe that Microsoft Outlook can’t detect QuickBooks, use the steps below.
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your workstation.
- After this, click on the Edit menu and then the Preferences option.
- Thereon, you must opt for the Send Forms option followed by My Preferences.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.