QuickBooks Web Connector error is one of the most common QuickBooks issues. Many users have encountered such glitches when they try to establish a connection between QuickBooks and the web connector. If you, too, are facing an error connecting to QuickBooks Web Connector and looking for an effective and immediate solution, read our full blog. This Write-up addresses common web connector errors and their simplified yet effective solutions.
Getting Web Connector Error opening QuickBooks and need quick resolution? Mail your Problem @ +1-833-460-2030; Our Experts Will Help You.
What is a QuickBooks Web Connector?
The QuickBooks web connector, commonly known as QBWC, is a window application that allows you to connect third-party applications to QuickBooks. Developed by Intuit, it allows the fast exchange of data with QuickBooks Desktop products, including QuickBooks Point of Sales and QuickBooks financial software.
For the smooth and efficient exchange of data, it must be properly installed on your system. However, sometimes some users may face the QuickBooks web connector error problem during usage.
QuickBooks Web Connector Error: What Is It?
The users may face the Problem of QuickBooks Web Connector Error. Normally, these types of errors occur when the data file gets corrupted. Though no error message is shown when one encounters such an error; however, the program stops working.
The web connector and QuickBooks use the same local network to pass the qbXML and qbposXML between QuickBooks and the web application.
How Many Types of Web Connector Errors Are There?
Just like any other application, one can face various types of QuickBooks web connector errors. Some of the common web connector errors are listed in a table.
|Error Type||Error Message||Error Cause|
|QBWC 1005||QuickBooks Web Connector Failed to RunCan not create the file needed to work||Can not create the file needed to work|
|QBWC 1006||Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Failed to Run||Can not find the correct file need to work|
|QBWC 1007, 1008, 1009||An error occurs when connecting to QuickBooks||QuickBooks is not running properly, no company file is opened, or Windows prevents the connection.|
|QBWC 1011||The application does not exist in the registry||The application did not install correctly|
|QBWC 1012||Failed Authentication||The QBWC server. has some problem|
|QBWC 1016||No application for an update||Occurs when no application was selected for the update procedure|
|QBWC 1018||No application was selected||When no application was selected, you select Select All.|
|QBWC 1019||No Application available to Unselect||When no application was there, and you selected None|
|QBWC 1020||Unable to run scheduled jobs||When you try to exit during the update procedure|
|QBWC 1022, 1023, 1024||Error while connecting to QuickBooks||QuickBooks is not running properly, no company file is opened, or Windows is preventing the connection.|
|QBWC 1030||Password not available for application||When you try to sync the application but no password is set up yet.|
|QBWC 1032||Could not find the application||Can not find the application during the scheduled update.|
|QBWC 1033||Failed to initialize QWCLog. txt||When the file does not have permission to update, or the hard drive is full, or the file does not exist.|
|QBWC 1035||Dns. Resolved failed due to exception||When trying to install the wrong or outdated file.|
Why Do QuickBooks Errors Occur?
There may be various reasons that cause the QuickBooks web connector errors. So, to make you aware of the prominent causes responsible for these errors, you are instructed below.
- The user’s administrative rights are missing.
- Some of the crucial files are missing or corrupted.
- The QBWC tool is not installed properly.
- An outdated version of the web connector results in a QuickBooks web connector error.
How Do QuickBooks Web Connector Errors Present??
Each user may face a different type of error. The symptoms of every error may vary, and we have described some of them below:
- Some of the important components of the program are missing.
- An abrupt freezing of the program.
- The user can not access the QBWClog.txt file.
- QuickBooks is not working properly.
- You are not able to connect to the third-party application.
What are the Steps to Troubleshoot the Web Connector Errors?
Depending upon the type of error, you can choose any method to troubleshoot the Problem. Here, we have explained the QuickBooks web connector troubleshooting steps; go through them attentively.
First Method: Reinstall the Web Connector
Sometimes, reinstalling the Web Connector application might help the users solve the QuickBooks Web Connector Not Working error. For that, you have to go through the instructions outlined below.
- Press the Window + R key to open the run window text box.
- Insert the control panel in the run box.
- Pick the Uninstall Program option available under the control panel.
- Select the web connector from the app list and click on uninstall option.
- If unable to locate it, manually find the web connector program in “C: >> Program Files (X86) >> Common >> Files >> Intuit >> QuickBooks”. Otherwise, navigate to the “C: >> Program Files >> Common Files >> Intuit >> QuickBooks >> Folder”. Later on, you must remove the previously installed QuickBooks Web Connector folder entirely from the device.
- Again, download the web connector program.
- Unzip the folder and download the install folder.
- Run the Web Connector .exe files and simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Second Method : Create New Users and Provide Administrative Rights
This Problem may also occur when the user does not have administrative rights. To solve the problem, you can create a new user and give them administrative rights. To create the new user and set the administrative rights, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on the Windows Button on the keyboard, and choose the settings option.
- After this, from the Settings, choose the User Accounts option..
- When in the user accounts, pick the Family or other users option.
- In the Family and other users section, add a new user.
- Pick the option “I don’t have the signing authority” and add a new user.
- Allocate the name and set the password for the newly created user.
- Finish the process and open the newly created user.
- In the account type, select the administratively available.
- Save the changes.
Third Method : Give Permission to the Log File
Sometimes, the error occurs due to the missing permission. In order to resolve the problem, all you have to do is to give the necessary permissions. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set the permissions for the log files on Windows:
- Just navigate to the C:\Users\Public\AppData\local\IntuitQuickBooks Web Connector\version directory folder.
- Locate the log files for which you want to set the permissions. The log file will have the.QWC extension.
- Right-click on the file and choose the properties options.
- Now, pick the security tab available in the properties options.
- In the security tab, choose the “edit” option and set the permissions to the desired person or group.
- To save the changes, click on the “OK” button.
Fourth Method : Use the Verify and Rebuild Data Tool
If the error occurs during the use of the web connector, you can use the verify and rebuild data tool to identify the Problem. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to automatically fix the error:
- Open the QuickBooks and click on the File menu.
- Within the File menus, choose the Utilities followed by Verify Data option.
- If you find no error in QuickBooks, you can continue to work.
- However, if there is an issue, choose the Rebuilt Now option.
- Click on the “OK” button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
- The tool will repair the files.
- After completing the entire process click on the “OK” button.
Related Post: QuickBooks Desktop Update Error
What QuickBooks Versions does Web Connector support?
The QuickBooks web connector does not work with QuickBooks online. In order to successfully send the data, you must install it on your system. The web connector works well with all the QuickBooks applications, which are supported by SDK (QuickBooks Software Development Kit).
Our accounting QuickBooks web connector works well with the QB desktop Pro, enterprise, premier, QuickBooks POS V13.0, or later versions. For the UK and Canadian editions, QB 2016 or later versions work well with a web connector.
That’s a Wrap-Up
Web connector plays a crucial role in ensuring the hassle-free exchange of data between QuickBooks and third-party applications. However, some users may face QuickBooks web connector errors. We hope that with the above-mentioned steps, you can easily deal with QuickBooks web connector error. If you want more informative blogs, read our other QuickBooks blogs. Stay Connected, Stay updated.