QuickBooks has gained a lot of popularity in recent years due to its extraordinary features. The useful features attract business owners and entrepreneurs worldwide. Among the bucket of features, QuickBooks bank feed is one of the amazing features. It is widely used to calculate the financial balance in a shorter period of time.
This valuable feature is used in the online banking industry. However, the problem arises when this amazing feature is unable to work properly after the upgrade of the application. Just like any other errors or technical issues, most of the users face QuickBooks bank feeds error. As it is connected to banking, it is necessary to fix this issue immediately.
“Are you unable to resolve the QuickBooks desktop bank feeds not working issue? No need to Worry. Call Our Specialist Immediately @ +1-833-460-2030 and Get It Fixed Permanently.“
This blog post is all about the bank feed error in QB. It is important to understand the problem fully to overcome such an issue. So, without delaying further, let us deep dive into the pool of knowledge explaining the error, its causes, and effective troubleshooting methods.
Quick Overview of Bank Feeds Not Working in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks bank feed is an important feature of QuickBooks that allows you to track and manage financial transactions (banking and credit card transactions) automatically. It replaces the manual entry and makes reporting and reconciliation more efficient.
However, the problem arises when bank feeds are not working on QuickBooks desktop, and you are unable to retrieve or process credit card and bank transactions through bank feeds. An error window having the error message “bank Feeds error: Bank Feeds are not Working in QuickBooks. Sorry for the inconvenience.” will appear on the user’s screen.
It is important to fix the issue immediately. However, before jumping to the error resolution methods directly, it is crucial to understand the causes of this error.
Prominent Reasons for QuickBooks Bank Feeds Error
There are various reasons that trigger the banking issue in QuickBooks. Though, an improper web connect or a bad network connection to the server is one of the prominent reasons for this error. However, there are other reasons also. Let us have a quick look at the other prominent factors which are responsible for this issue.
- There might be a chance that QuickBooks does not support your chosen bank.
- Your bank becomes inactive and does not support online banking anymore.
- The name change or merger process of your bank is going on.
- The web connect services of your bank get updated.
- The Internet is not stable.
- Older version of QuickBooks is used.
- In case you want to retrieve a transaction that is older than 90 days.
- There is a synchronization issue between your bank and QuickBooks.
Early Signs to Identify the Bank Feeds Not Working in QuickBooks Desktop Issue.
You know the causes that trigger the error in your system. However, to resolve the issue by its root, it is necessary to identify the error correctly. Your system will start showing the below-cited signs when the issue occurs.
- The application starts performing slowly.
- The operating system crashes suddenly.
- You are not able to use some functions in QuickBooks.
- The banking function might not work properly.
- An error window stating the error message will appear continuously on your screen.
Related Post:- How To Fix QuickBooks Running Slow Issue
Tips to Follow Before Implementing QuickBooks Desktop Bank Feeds Not Working issue
Before troubleshooting the banking issue error, it is advisable to take care of certain things. Below, we have mentioned some important tips that are necessary for the uninterrupted error resolution process.
- Set internet explorer as your default web browser.
- A stable and high-speed internet is needed.
- QuickBooks is updated.
- You are using the right admin credentials to log into your account.
- You are using QuickBooks in the single mode only.
Proven Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Bank Feeds Not Working Issue.
Method 1: Try To Reconnect Your Bank Account
You can resolve the issue by resetting the bank account in QuickBooks. For this, you need to first disconnect the bank account and then reconnect it. The below-mentioned steps will guide you through the disconnect and reconnect process.
For Disconnect your Bank Account
The steps to disconnect your bank account are as follows:
- The foremost step is to log into your QuickBooks with the help of your credentials.
- After that, tap on the banking menu option.
- From the list, choose the account that is creating the problem.
- Click on the bank name and then press the edit account information button.
- In the account information, click on the disconnect this account option.
- To make the changes visible, tap on the save button.
For Reconnect your Bank Account
Now, you need to reconnect to your bank account. The below-mentioned steps will help you in the reconnection process.
- Open the official banking website and log into your account with the help of your admin credentials.
- Now, open the particular web address.
- After that, you need to open your QuickBooks and sign into it by using your admin credentials.
- Further, tap on the banking option and choose the add an account button.
- Here, in the bank name or the URL section, paste the URL of your bank account and press the enter key.
- Now, check if the issue is resolved or not by opening the bank feeds in QuickBooks.
Method 2: Clear Out the Cache Files
At times insufficient space might interrupt the banking processes. You can simply resolve the issue by clearing the temporary or junk files. The below-cited steps will help you in cleaning the cache files.
- Open the official banking site on your system.
- You need to enter the site by using your username and password.
- After that, go to the transactions option.
- Here, make sure that there are no pending alerts.
- If there, clear them by taking the relevant required action.
- After that, log out of your bank account.
- Now, press the Ctrl + R keys together to open the run command of your system.
- Here, type %temp% and press the enter key.
- Select all temporary files by pressing Ctrl + A keys together and delete them by pressing the delete button.
- In a similar manner, clear the cache of your system.
Method 3: Update the details
Many times the users change their bank account details and forget to update them in QuickBooks. This arises a conflict, ultimately resulting in the QuickBooks desktop bank feeds not working. Take help from the below-mentioned steps to fix this issue.
- Log into your QuickBooks account by using your username and password.
- After that, tap on the banking tap and choose your bank account.
- Here, press the edit adjacent option.
- Moving further, tap on the edit sign-in info option.
- Here, write down the account username and password and press the update button to update it.
- A window with the message credentials has been updated appears on the screen.
- Click on the I am Done option in case you have updated all the required information.
- Now, check whether the issue is fixed or not.
We understand that bank feeds in QuickBooks play an important role in the banking industry. However, an issue in it will frustrate the users as it stops the banking work. Hopefully, with the methods stated earlier, you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks bank feeds not working issue in no time. However, if you are stuck somewhere in the process, there is no need to waste your precious time. You can call our technical experts or email your problem to them; they will definitely resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is QuickBooks Bank Feeds Safe?
Ans – Yes, QuickBooks uses multi-layer security protection to secure your data, including encryption and fraud detection. Also, the QuickBooks server is safe and secure. Moreover, every user needs username and password to log into the account. Hence, QuickBooks bank feeds are completely safe and secure.
2. How do I know whether my bank account is connected with QuickBooks or not?
Ans – When your bank is connected to QuickBooks, then your bank will be displayed in a tile on the top of the window. If the name is not displayed, you will not see the name.
3. Can I get the support to resolve the bank feeds Issue in QuickBooks?
Ans – Yes, our experts will help you in resolving all the QuickBooks issues. They are highly proficient and provide the latest solutions as per industry standards.
4. Why do most of the users face this issue?
Ans – It is because the users forgot to update their banking details in QuickBooks after changing the bank details in their respective banks.