Are you worried about resolving the QuickBooks error 140014? If your answer is yes, then, you have come across the right content. This blog will explain this error, its causes, and simple resolution steps in a simple manner. The error is a point of sales error and occurs when the users try to run their reports. No doubt, point of Sales is a unique platform of QuickBooks that enables users to manage deals and stock in a more proper manner. It eases the work of the users by maintaining track of their POS activity. However, at times the working of POS is affected by various errors and technical glitches.
Struggling to resolve QuickBooks error 140014? Do not worry. Call our experts +1(833) 460-2030 and get an immediate solution.
You must get rid of the error immediately as it impacts your work. To know the best possible solutions to POS errors, you must read the blog till the end. So, without delaying further, let us dive deep into the knowledge pool.
What is QuickBooks POS Error 140014?
QuickBooks POS Error 140014 in QuickBooks belongs to the 14xxx error series. It usually occurs when the users try to run the end-of-day report or the financial report in the point-of-sales application. The occurrence of this error simply indicates that an issue has occurred while trying to establish a connection between the POS software and QuickBooks. When the error occurs, an error message with the warning message will appear on the user’s screen stating, “Error code 140014: QuickBooks POS cannot access your QuickBooks Financial Software company file”. Well, it is quite easy to resolve the issue. However, before jumping to the solutions, you must know the causes of the problem.
Causes that Lead to Error 140014 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks there can be a couple of reasons triggering the point of sales error. Below, we have mentioned all the prominent reasons. The users might end up with the issue due to the below-cited reasons:
- The QB files got corrupted or damaged due to any reason.
- If the company file is not specified in the QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks application is not configured to exchange the data.
- Damaged or corrupted mapping of accounts will result in error 140014 in QuickBooks.
- If the QB application is running at the company file window.
- The POS is not able to read the company file due to the incorrect company file.
- The activity log error is another reason for the occurrence of this error.
- In case the tax agency is not included, then you will witness this error.
Simple DIY Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 140014
We hope that till now you are fully aware of this error. Now, it is the right time to know the troubleshooting methods of the point of sales error. Below, we have mentioned all the possible solutions to resolve this issue. You can eliminate this error by implementing any of the solutions.
Solution 1: Ensure Company File is Correct
Sometimes the wrongly selected company files will create problems, and you will receive a point of sales error. With the help of the below-mentioned points, you can easily resolve this issue:
- To start the process open the QuickBooks desktop application and click on the F2 key on the keyboard.
- A window having the product information will appear on the screen.
- Check the location of the file and see if the opened file is correct or not.
- If not, then tap on the file menu and select the browse button.
- Now, select the correct company file and press the OK button.
Solution 2: Repair Point of Sales Application
If you are unable to try to resolve the issue, then you can try to rectify the error with the help of this troubleshooting method. This method contains two steps that are explained below.
Step 1: Repair the QuickBooks Application
Follow the below-mentioned steps to repair the QuickBooks desktop application:
- Press the Window + R keys together to open the run box of the system.
- Write the control panel in the box and press the enter key.
- Open the folder and select the programs and features option.
- It will make a list of programs visible on the screen. From the list pick the QuickBooks program folder and right-click on it.
- Select the uninstall/change option and then tap on the repair button.
- Press the OK button to repair the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Step 2: Repair Point of Sales Application
Take help from the below-cited steps to repair the POS application.
- Close the QuickBooks POS if it is opened, and open the control panel of the system.
- Here, select the Programs and Features option followed by programs.
- Screen will display all programs list. Select the QuickBooks from the list and right-click on it.
- Now, select the repair option and wait for the process to get completed.
Now, open the POS and check if the issue is fixed or not. If not, then you can resolve the issue with the help of other troubleshooting methods.
Solution 3: Change UAC preference
You can try to resolve the issue by turning off the UAC preference of Windows. Take help from the below-mentioned points:
- Press the Window + R keys together to open the run command of the system.
- Type the control panel in the box and press the enter button.
- Open the panel folder and select the users account option.
- Moving ahead in the process, tap on the change user account control settings option.
- Here, slide the slider to the Never notify option to disable the UAC settings and press the OK button.
- Finally, restart the system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Create an Admin User in Windows
You can simply create a new user in Windows to resolve the issue. Take help from the below-mentioned steps.
- Tap on the start button and type the control panel in the search box.
- Press the enter key and open the folder.
- Here, select the user account option and then the manage accounts tab option.
- After that, press the Create a new account option and provide the name.
- Choose the admin as a new user type and press the OK button.
- Finally, restart the system and log into the windows using the new credentials.
Solution 5: Verify the Permissions
In case the user does not have enough permissions, then it will result in the error 140014 in QuickBooks. To implement this step, you must have the admin user name and the password. Go through the below-mentioned steps to rectify the error:
- Log into the point of sales using the admin credentials.
- After that, open the company file and tap on the edit menu option.
- Moving ahead, pick the preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose the integrated Apps option and then select the company preferences option.
- Here, make sure that you uncheck the “Don’t allow any applications to access this company file” box.
Hopefully, this will resolve your query. If not, then try to implement the next resolution method.
Solution 6: Change QuickBooks POS Preference
If you are still unable to exchange the data between the two applications, then you need to modify the preferences of POS. With the help of the below-cited steps, you can easily perform the same action:
- Open the POS and login into it using your admin credentials.
- After that, tap on the file option and select the preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Moving ahead in the process, choose the company option followed by the financial option.
- Make sure that the file location is correct and appropriate.
- Now, tap on the Setup QuickBooks connection tab. In short, the path will be file> Preferences > Company > Financial > Setup QuickBooks Connection Now.
Solution 7: Enable the Sales tax Feature
In case you have not enabled the sales tax feature, then there is a high chance that you will encounter a POS error. If this is the case, then you can easily resolve the issue by enabling the sales tax feature. The below-mentioned steps will help you:
- The first step is to open the company file and then press the edit option.
- After that, choose the preferences option and then the sales tax option.
- Now, move towards the company preferences window and press the activate sales tax window option.
- Finally, to conclude the process, click on the Yes button.
Solution 8: Verify inventory is enabled
Follow the below-mentioned steps to rectify the error caused due to the disabled inventory.
- Open the application and then the company file.
- Then tap on the edit option followed by preferences.
- Moving ahead, choose the items and inventory and then select the company preferences option.
- Here, make sure that you have enabled the inventory and purchase order active option.
- Finally, tap on the OK button.
Related Page: QuickBooks Error 6143
We understand that facing the QuickBooks error code 140014 is annoying and irritates the users. Hopefully, the above-cited steps helped you in fixing the point of sales error. All the methods prescribed above are tested and verified. However, if you still feel stuck or need an expert opinion, then you can take the help of our experts. They will give you advice according to the market standards at a pocket-friendly price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. What other errors will appear if the POS fails to access the QuickBooks Desktop application?
Answer. usually, you will receive the 14xxx series errors, including error 140014, error 140015, and error 140025. The methods to resolve the issue are already explained in the blog. Do read the blog.
Question 2. Can I get advice from an expert to resolve the point of sales error?
Answer. yes, our experts will help you in resolving your QuickBooks errors. You can call them, email or drop a message in the chat box.