Encountering the 80070057 QuickBooks error code while accessing the QuickBooks company files is a common thing. Most of the QB users face such issues. If you are among the one who faces such an issue and are tired of removing the issue again and again, then you have come to the right place.
This blog talks about the same technical glitch. Here, you will get the complete solution along with the cause and its identifying symptoms. However, before jumping to the troubleshooting methods directly, let us understand the error first.
Read Also:- How To Fix QuickBooks Error 12029?
What Does QuickBooks error code 80070057 Mean?
It is one of the most common yet irritating errors that occur when the user tries to open a company file from the workstation, but that file is located on the host computer or a server. The error also indicates that the parameter is incorrect and you do not have enough permission to access a particular file.
When the error occurs, an error code with the following message “error code 80070057: There was an unexpected error appears while trying to run the application” appears on the user’s screen. The error has three variations – unexpected error, insufficient permission, parameter is incorrect.
Error 80070057 in QuickBooks – Prominent Factors
There can be a number of reasons that give rise to Error 80070057 in QuickBooks. Below, we have listed some of the prominent reasons which trigger this error in QB:
- The application is unable to read the company file due to a changed extension.
- The improper or damaged installation of the application.
- The windows or the firewall settings are creating hindrances.
- The file extensions become corrupt.
- The company file is stored on an external device.
Early Signs to Detect 80070057 Error in QuickBooks
It is important to identify the error in order to rectify it from its root. You can easily identify the 80070057 Error in QuickBooks with the help of the below-mentioned signs and symptoms.
- The system freezes, or the window crashes suddenly.
- An error message having the error code appears on the user’s screen.
- The application crashes or does not respond to your commands.
- You are unable to modify the company file.
Read Also:- How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
Effective Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
There are various remedies available to cure this error. However, before implementing the various troubleshooting methods, you must make sure that your system is updated to the latest version.
Let us explore the various troubleshooting methods.
Solution 1: Open the Company File Correctly
When you do not open the company file correctly, it will start showing the error. The steps involved in opening the company file are as follows:
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks application by double clicking on its icon.
- Secondly, choose the company file.
- Thirdly, tap on the open button to open the file.
Solution 2: Modify file extensions
You can try to fix the issue by changing the file extension of data files in QB. The necessary steps that are required to change the file extension are:
- The first step is to create a new folder.
- After that, copy and paste (CTRL C and CTRL V)the company file into the newly created folder.
- Moving ahead, right-click on the file pasted in the new folder and pick the rename option.
- Now, you need to change the file extension to .qbm.
- Further, tap on the save button to make the changes visible.
- In case you are still facing the issue, you can change the file extension to .qbb.
Solution 3: Fix the Error with QB File Doctor
If the error code 80070057 still persists even after applying the above two methods, you can try to fix the issue with the help of a QB file doctor. However, to use the file doctor, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool hub as it is a part of the tool hub.
The below-mentioned steps will guide you through the downloading and installing process.
- The basic step is to open the Intuit official website and download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save the downloaded file in the preferred location on your computer.
- Open the folder once downloaded and select the toolhub.exe file.
- Run the file and tap on the next button.
- Agree with the terms and conditions to install the tool hub on your system.
- Open the tool once it is installed on your system by double-clicking on its icon.
- After that, select the company file issue tab.
- Moving forward in the process, click on the Run QuickBooks file doctor tab.
- Now, choose the company file in the file doctor.
- If you can not select the file, then you can browse to select the file.
- Now, tap on the check file and then press the continue button.
- You need to mention the admin credentials and press the next button.
- It will automatically fix the issues in the company file.
Solution 4: Pick Run as an Administrator option
There might be a chance that you do not have enough permissions. The insufficient permissions will results in the error. Henceforth, to fix the problem, try to run the application as an administrator. The steps that are taken into account for fixing the problem are:
- Close all the company file in case it is opened in your system.
- Now, double click on the desktop icon of the application.
- Select the run as an administrator option from the drop-down list.
- Click on it; it will run the application automatically.
- Open the file once the process gets over.
On A Final Note
We understand that QuickBooks plays an important role in streamlining your financial data. However, the powerful software gets hampered by some technical glitches or errors. QB error code 80070057 is really confusing and frustrates the users.
Hopefully, with the solutions mentioned in this blog, you will be able to fix the issue permanently. All the methods described in this blog are tried and tested. However, if you are still unable to resolve the problem with the above-stated methods, you can call our experts at +1-833-460-2030 or email your problem.