“After years of printing error-free checks in QuickBooks, today I have confronted the QuickBooks not printing checks problem. I don’t know how to resolve this print problem. Please help.”
QuickBooks checks printing problems are common in the program, and you may get this issue, even if the printing feature in the program worked well so far. There are several possible issues with your printer or the program itself that can promote an error. However, you don’t need to worry as we will discuss all the details related to this print problem in the QuickBooks application. Here, you can find the possible causes and troubleshooting procedures to eliminate the check printing issues.
Read Also:- What To Do When QuickBooks PDF Component Missing
What Are Different Instances of Printing Issues You May Encounter?
If you can’t print checks in QuickBooks, there can be various possible scenarios related to this printing issue in your program. Some of these problems are described in the below-given list:
QuickBooks Online Will Not Print Checks
If you are wondering why can’t I print checks in QuickBooks Online, then you need to know the multi-faceted factors that can cause this issue in the program. QuickBooks Online users often encounter check printing problems in QuickBooks Online due to several internal and external issues. You need to check for the possible reasons behind the issue and implement the relevant solutions to eliminate them.
Payroll Checks Are Not Printing Correctly In QuickBooks
QuickBooks payroll is a subscription-based service in the program which enables users to manage their employee payrolls and pay their employees from within the program. Besides you can also print your payroll checks in QuickBooks and issue them to your employees. However, an error while printing payroll checks in QuickBooks can hinder payment.
QuickBooks Unable To Print The Checks Due To Invalid Check Problem
Invalid QuickBooks checks error is also one of the possible reasons that can stop QuickBooks from printing pay-checks. Several possible reasons can cause the invalid print check error, such as an incorrect payee name or a check amount is zero. Besides, only the QuickBooks US version supports check printing, so you need to check your QuickBooks version as well.
QuickBooks Check Printing Not Lining Up
Check print not lining up is basically one of the common QuickBooks Online check alignment problems that can show up while printing a check. To fix this issue, you need to modify the printing settings in QuickBooks Online.
Read Also:- How To Void A Check in QuickBooks Desktop
What Are Some Of The Possible Reasons You Are Facing QuickBooks Not Printing Checks?
Knowing the possible reasons for an ailment can make the sure easier. The same applies to this QuickBooks print check problem as well, and therefore, we have mentioned them in the below-given list:
- Company RAM is overloaded, and you need to free up some space.
- An unsupported printer can also result in QuickBooks printing problems.
- Piling up of the old cookies and cache.
- Make sure that the QBPrint file is not damaged, as it also causes printing problems in the QuickBooks application.
- Adobe PDF Reader became outdated.
- A crucial driver is missing when you try to print payroll checks in QuickBooks.
Ready For Troubleshooting QuickBooks Checks Printing Problems? Hold Your Horses For A Moment!
Now that you are aware of the possible reasons behind the “QuickBooks will not print the checks” error, we are all set to troubleshoot your problem. However, wait for a while until we discuss some important considerations to make the troubleshooting more effective.
- Make sure that your Printer’s power is turned on.
- Check your paper tray and confirm that it is not empty.
- Print a test page to ensure that everything is fine with the printer.
- Check the online status of your printer using the Control Panel. It should be online to print a task from within the QuickBooks application.
- Verify that you are giving the command to the right printer.
How Can You Fix QuickBooks Won’t Print Checks Problem?
Now that you are aware of the various possible scenarios, below are some apparent reasons that can evoke this issue in the QuickBooks application:
First Method: Put QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool To Use
PDF and Print Repair tool in QuickBooks is designed to resolve common printing issues within the QuickBooks software. You can access it from QuickBooks Tool Hub by installing it on your device. Once you download the install the Tool Hub, follow the below stated steps:
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions to get started with the procedure.
- In the left pane, you will see a list of the error categories.
- Right underneath the Network Issues, you will see Program Problems.
- Click it, and it will let you run QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair tool.
- Wait for the tool to open to resolve common print-related issues in the QuickBooks application.
After running this procedure successfully, check if the QuickBooks Online print error is resolved. If it offers no help, move to the next procedure.
Second Method: Use Private Window Mode To Prevent Cache Memory From Causing The Error
When you visit a website, your system saves cookies and cache so that you can load the website faster next time. However, over a prolonged period of time, your system can get burdened with them and start affecting the performance of your system. Can’t print checks in QuickBooks can be one of the possible reasons for this error.
However, the private window remains unaffected by cookies and cache, so you can execute your printing task using the private mode. Below is how you open it in different browsers:
- In Google Chrome, you need to press Ctrl + Shift + N keys together to open the Incognito mode.
- If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, press Ctrl + Shift + P keys to get it done.
- Safari browser users need to press the Command + Shift + N keys simultaneously.
Hope you are satisfied by the information provided in this post on QuickBooks checks printing problems. Considering the given points and implementing the solutions, you can get rid of the error. However, if you think connecting with an expert can help you in a better manner, reach out to our experts and get the relevant help.