No doubt, QuickBooks accounting software is an excellent software that helps business professionals in many ways. However, the damage and corruption in QuickBooks company files can trouble these users during their smooth workflow.
The QuickBooks error 6143 is one such corruption error in QuickBooks company files. Users always raise complaints about this issue while accessing or using the QuickBooks company file. Do you also encounter this type of error and don’t know what to do next? Find the relevant solutions for the same further in this blog post.
Need professional help while troubleshooting this stubborn company file error 6143 in QuickBooks? Just ring our expert QuickBooks team at +1(833)460-2030 and get instant resolution strategies with professional assistance.
QuickBooks Error 6143: A Brief Discussion!
As noted earlier, the QuickBooks error 6143 in QuickBooks is a company file error that disturbs users when they are accessing the company data file or trying to work on them in QuickBooks. If you’re also facing the same issue, you have probably noticed the error message reading, “Sorry! Something went wrong!
Please try starting over.” You notify with such messages on your computer screen as a result of the damage and corruption in your QB company data file. Apart from this, there is a long queue of factors responsible for this error. Continue reading to learn more about those reasons.
Why Am I Continuously Receiving Error 6143 QuickBooks Messages?
You may be facing and receiving the error 6143 QuickBooks message due to the following factors. Carefully learn about these reasons and troubleshoot the issue permanently.
- The foremost reason for facing the error code 6143 in QuickBooks is the damage and corruption of your QuickBooks company data file.
- If any of the QuickBooks components important to run a QuickBooks company file is damaged, it will create an issue and lead to the QuickBooks company file error 6143.
- Make sure while trying to access or use the QuickBooks company file no other processes are running in the background; else, you may meet error 6143.
- Another reason for facing issues with your QuickBooks company file is the attack or infection from any malicious virus or malware.
- The incomplete installation or poor installation set-up of your QuickBooks accounting software is another issue for facing the company file error.
- If you have linked a new bank account or credit card account to your QuickBooks application, you may fail to access or use the QuickBooks company file and face QuickBooks error 6143.
- You may face the error code 6143 while opening your company file if the file name is saved with extra spaces.
Obvious Signs You May Notice With QuickBooks Error Code 6143
Knowing the reasons is essential to settle the QuickBooks error code 6143 permanently. However, the following signs will help you identify the error. Have a look:
- One of the most obvious signs you may notice about the error is its warning message.
- Your mouse clicks, and keyboard tabs may stop working while you try to access the QuickBooks company file.
- You fail to access the QuickBooks company data file time and again.
- The QuickBooks company data file operations will stop suddenly or unexpectedly with the QuickBooks error 6143.
Quick Fix For QuickBooks Error Code 6143 (Updated Solutions)
This section is all about the troubleshooting procedure that will work for you as a quick fix for QuickBooks error code 6143. Carefully consider all the steps while implementing every troubleshooting technique given below:
Troubleshooting Technique 1 – Rename the Company File by Avoiding the Extra Spaces
Indeed. The extra spaces in the QuickBooks company data file name is one of the major reasons behind the error 6143 QuickBooks. Follow the given directions to rename the file.
- First of all, to begin with this method, you need to sign out from your QuickBooks application on each workstation and the server.
- Once you log out, now search for the QuickBooks installation folder on your server where you have saved your QuickBooks company data file.
- The file is usually saved in the address as “C:\Users \Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks\ Company Files.”
- Once you have found the file in this location, now right-click the file to opt for the Rename option.
- While renaming the filename, you are required to remove all the extra spaces from the company data file name, including from the extension. There should be no extra space in the extension as well.
- Now save the file with the name with no extra space and try to open or access your QuickBooks company data file. If you still notice the QuickBooks error 6143 on your screen, try the next solution.
Troubleshooting Technique 2 – Rename the Transaction Log Files & Network Data Files
Often, renaming the .TLG and .ND files can do wonders and solve general company file issues. So, try to follow the given directions and continue solving the stubborn error 6143:
- First, you must navigate to the local directory where your QuickBooks company files are saved.
- Once you are in that folder, select the files with filename extensions .TLG and .ND.
- Right-click these files and choose the Rename alternative to alter the names of these files responsible for the error 6143 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Rename the filenames by adding the .OLD extension at the end of each of these file names.
- Then and there, hit the Enter key, and the procedure is over. Now, to check for the error status, you need to try to access or open your QuickBooks company data file again. If you are encountering the issue, move to the next technique.
Troubleshooting Technique 3 – Run the Reliable Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is an effective tool for fixing general QuickBooks issues. This Tool Hub comprises all the essential tools and features used differently for particular errors. The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the Tool Hub can help you solve the QuickBooks error code 6143.
- First of all, install the QuickBooks Tool Hub by visiting the official site of Intuit.
- Once you have installed the Tool Hub successfully, open it to run and directly navigate to the Company File Issues Tab.
- From this tab, now choose to run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix the general company file issues.
- Browse the file which you’re failing to access and use from the Browse and Search section by tapping on the Check for file option.
- Click the Continue button and move ahead to run the tool.
- Here, you are required to wait for a while till the tool completes its job and fixes the issues.
- Now, restart your system in the next step, and open your QuickBooks again to check whether you can open and use your required QuickBooks company file.
Troubleshooting Technique 4 – Open Task Manager to Stop Background Processes
As discussed in the reasons, the background running QuickBooks processes can contribute to the company file access failure. Try the given solution to stop these processes.
- Sign in to your admin account and press the CTRL + Shift + Esc buttons to launch the Task Manager.
- Here, you will find the Processes tab; select this tab by ending all the running tasks. Now, try to open the company file.
Troubleshooting Technique 5 – Configure the Firewall Ports or Antivirus Settings
Sometimes, the misconfiguration of Firewall ports and Antivirus settings can create issues for QuickBooks company files.
- First, disable the antivirus and firewall ports temporarily.
- Also, set up an exception for the QuickBooks software to the antivirus program and settle this problem.
Here we are at the crux of this comprehensive blog! We hope these techniques will help you fix the stubborn company file QuickBooks error 6143. However, if you have any queries about the above-given troubleshooting procedures or want to talk to our professionals, contact us via Live Chat Support. We would like to help you professionally in such challenging error situations.
Read also : How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Online
The damaged or corrupted database of your QuickBooks company files is one of the major factors responsible for QuickBooks error message 6143. Along with this, the incorrect name of the company files can also bring such error messages.
Just login into your account using admin credentials and tap the CTRL + Shift + Esc buttons to get the Task Manager window. From here, navigate to the Users tab and click the End Task option to stop all the background running QuickBooks processes.
Apply the following methods:
- Turn off the Firewall ports and antivirus settings temporarily.
- Rename the QuickBooks company file name with the correct format or extensions.
- Fix the company file issues using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the Tool Hub.